Tuesday, May 26, 2015

[Forget Already] Brimstone (First Half) {Fiction}

Boy. I'm busy lately. Well, it's easy to be when there's so many other things I could be doing. Applying for colleges, scholarships, a job, moving out, getting on with my life, learning how to drive, the list goes on...and on. I'm stupid, but this is stress relief. Suffering stems from attachment, but these are too important they tell me. So worried....worrrrried. Though talking about it helps. It makes it easier to bear I suppose. Brimstone is something I wanted to write for awhile and I must've mentioned something before. Granted, it didn't have a name yet. Or maybe, I didn't. I must imagine our conversations now. Goodness it's that far now...oh my. Now that's out of the way, I'm sure I have at least another Tuesday's worth of updates; I'm ahead of the game huh? You're welcome. :)

3/25/2021 UPDATE:

I'm editing a lot of the fictions. I've changed some characterizations, and took some out in order to reveal it better latter. I missed this. --- Characters: Christophe, Dainin (more to be added in later chapters) Rating: Stress writing....it's safe. It starts fluffy at first then descends into madness, I guess. Themes: losing control (Very short chapter for pacing reasons...)

 

"Daaaainnninnnn..." I poke at the sleepy green headed boy. "Wake up already!" Dainin starts to whine in his sleep. I softly laugh and start petting his hair, trying hard to annoy him enough that he wakes up.
I know he hates his hair, but how can he? His hair is really soft. Besides, he'll wake up because he doesn't like me touching him. He's just so adorable to tease so early in the morning.
 
 "Stooopp." Dainin pleads, rolling away from me on the small twin sized mattress. I smile brightly, even though he can’t see it. It's a really good day today: the day my power is at its peak. I can just feel the energy coursing through me, given to me by my deity. I’ve never really told Dainin that, I can’t really, so instead, I tell him the daffodils are blooming.
 
 Oh, I’m so excited! I can do anything I want on this day, within reason, but I make the flowers bloom for Dainin; I know he secretly likes seeing the flowers. I like making Dainin happy. It's my life's mission. I just can't believe he wants to sleep in on this day of all days.
 
 "Fine then, be that way, you sleepy head." I walk off into the hall smiling, voice full of amusement. "Would be such a shame if you missed the flowers! I think they're going to be even better than last year." A couple of feet away, I can hear Dainin groaning in his pillow, and getting up reluctantly. 
 
Success! "You owe me; I was having a nice dream." Dainin slips by me in his sleepwear, a large purple t-shirt and shorts, with an annoyed expression on his face. Aw, but you have such a cute face Dainin! 
 
"Sure. Thank you, Dainin." I smile excited. I'm in such a good mood, I’ll just forget to organize the shed. There’s some really dull tools in there, and I’ve really put it off for so long. I guess I’ll just do it later, not when I'm so busy. I reluctantly brush aside that stupid thought just long enough to see Dainin failing to stand up.
 
 "Steady there!" Laughing as I steady Dainin who sleepily almost fell down the stairs. "What do you want to eat for breakfast? I think we still have some ????? from yesterday, as well as some milk; does cereal sound good to you?"
 
 "That sounds great. I'm so hungry now I could even eat flower spirits." Dainin grumbled. He doesn't seem serious, but I decide to make a joke out of it. 
 
 "You know that'd hurt me." I winked. I'm teasing him here, but seriously, that could really stave some power. It's weird I'm connected to something as lowly as flowers, but there's just so many of them. Now, it's not like I chose this. No one chooses these things, only Lady Death and her Darkness. I don’t challenge her, no one does.
 
 The entryway to the orphanage is decorated with flowers and other party things. Dainin doesn't take a second look and steps straight into the small kitchen. Aw, no fun. It took me a long time to get that prepared. I can already hear him starting to gather bowls. Walking into the kitchen I giggle as I see Dainin trying to reach the bowls. Well, he is a little shorter than I am, so I come up behind him to catch the tall stack that's going to fall.
 
 "Ah, Christophe thanks." smiling sleepily as he takes the bowl at the top of the stack. I turn to my right and grab the jar in front of me. These are the ????? my flower friends brought for me. The little ???? are trying to squish themselves onto the bottom of the jar in an effort to escape me. Ah, but the only way out, little ones, is in my hand. I feel little pity for them. So sorry, I guess, such is the reality of this world. Dainin mumbles something from across the table. Ah, but this one looks ripe. I can't even hear him, but I know what he always wants; he never changes, and that's a good thing. Testing the clamp I pick up from the counter next to me, I grab the one I've been eyeing. It's quiet. Swiftly turning around, I give the ???? to Dainin. He mumbles his thanks. I quickly, not even looking at the jar, clamp another one and put the jar back on the shelf, smooth as a button. I plunk it down in my bowl and hurriedly pour milk on it. Mornings like this are the best. I hope the rest of the day is just so.
 
 Though even as I think that, I feel something strange on my forehead. It's so itchy. What?
 
 "Dainin, I'm scared." I say suddenly. She's here inside me: Lady Death. Get out! I can feel her looking through my eyes. 
 
"What?!?" Dainin yelled in shock, standing up.
 
 "DON'T!" Lady Death commanded through me. Dainin stops instantly, his soft pink eyes tense with fear. Feeling her relax, almost pleased with herself, I fearfully recite her prophecy just as she tells me: 
 
"The Scarlet Remembrance will approach with no fear for familiar or fire. Her strength comes from her heart full of blood. Immoral lies will end soon after all this time, as she will unearth them. May you all find a place in the waves of the Darkness." 
 
Without a word more, her sickly presence left my body, and I fall swiftly out of my chair. The floor is so cold, and I can barely see Dainin's face before me. He's shaking me, saying something important, but my mouth is already full of purple bile that woman left in me. Honestly, with all my power how did she get in? Unless something happened to the flowers. Are they hurt? Tiny tendrils of myself wander out into the field outside. She put the Darkness in the soil, and it is hurting me even now. It's like a sickness of the mind and soul; I can't stay awake much longer. I put up a hand to hold Dainin's face, smiling for a second, before I pass out. He calls out  my name as I slump down, unconscious,  on the kitchen floor. 
 
 
 I can't hear it though.
 
 

 --

 ---

 -----

---------

-----------------

- -- --- ---- I feel like this could've been longer. Strange. I hope you enjoyed it. :) I think I'm going to do something on my checklist...or procrastinate. Whichever comes first I suppose. Ah. Have a nice rest on this Tuesday. I'm glad you are still okay. :)

 

Update 3/26/2021 - I only edited this a little to fit my current canon. Other than that I really didn't change anything. So, if you are someone from the past wondering what changed, it really didn't. Lol.

I plan to fit these eventually into the main fiction. Please wait warmly for me. -thx. 

----------------------=----------------------------=-------------------------------=

Find me on the web~030

tumblr: 
  • forgottenheartache (official blog) 
    •  for those that can't see it! -  https://www.tumblr.com/blog/forgottenheartache
  •     whatami94 (personal-ish depression blog)
    • for those that can't see it! - https://www.tumblr.com/blog/whatami94
email: what.ami_94@yahoo.com twitter: @scaredygiraffe (rant/depression and like blog)
  • for those that can't see it! - https://twitter.com/scaredygiraffe 
Thank you all for the support!  

No comments:

Post a Comment