Tuesday, August 4, 2015

[Forget Already] Best Friends No Matter What {Fiction Oneshot}

I've decided to post one of the one shots from my laptop jellies. It's just some fluff, but it's better than nothing. A filler/character development *cough cough*. Try to think of it in a way like that instead.

Alright let's get it over with. :)

Characters: Diedre, Betha, Aaricia (at the end), Laetitia (mentioned)
Warnings: None
Note: This takes place when everyone is younger than the current plot. It will make sense, I'm sure when you read it.


-----
----
---
--
-
"We'll be best friends forever, huh?" The smaller girl shyly tugging on the ends of her shirt said wistfully, almost as if she didn't believe it.

"Ya, of course!" My face lights up in a grin. "You're really nice, and I like playing with you! Why wouldn't we best friends forever?"

"It's just...." She pauses, looking unsure of herself. "Mom gets jealous when I have friends over. So no matter how much we are best friends, we can't have slumber parties. Or birthdays! That's not fair." Her small frame shudders, and she starts to cry. I didn't understand what I said that upset her, but I didn't like it.

"Ah!" I scramble towards her. "Diedre, don't cry! Just because we can't do the things the other girls do, doesn't mean we can't be friends. It's okay if your mom gets jealous; she must have a good reason. She might be protecting you from other people too. It's not just me isn't it?"

She hesitates for a second, "Ya. She won't let me ever have any friends over. It's just I have a best friend now, and...."

"-We can still be best friends forever!" I yell, startling some of the adults in the park. I sit triumphantly on the soft grass. Smoothing my green dress out, I invite her on the ground with me. She hesitates, but sits down all the same. Cute birds call out in the trees. It's so nice here. I look at the grass, and then at Diedre. She's nervous about something. Her eyes are darting around, and I see it: Diedre's mom is here, coming to pick her up. She let's Diedre walk to the park after school, and now's the time she picks her up.

"Diedre!" A woman's voice calls out. She sees Diedre and me instantly, and walks calmly over. Diedre stands up quickly like a rabbit.

"Bye, Betha! See you tomorrow." She squeaks. Rushing towards who I now assumed to be her mom.

"Oh, Diedre. How was school? Who's your friend?" Diedre's mom, looks at me, and then her daughter. I jump up, and stand next to Diedre grabbing her hand.

"Mom, this is Betha. She's in my class at school." Diedre holds own my hand out to her mom. Her mom takes it, and shakes it gently. Her nails aren't painted, but they are soft. A smile graces her features.

"Oh, you are exactly like I pictured you. Diedre mentions you now and then when she talks about school. She almost kept you a secret from me until I asked my other daughter, Laetitia about you." Diedre's mom sighs knowingly.

She doesn't look like Diedre at all, but they dress the same. She has long black hair and dark brown, almost black, piercing eyes. She doesn't look like a jealous mom. She smiles at me without anger; she seems like a nice person. I wonder if what Diedre says is true about her.

-
--
---
----
-----

I'm posting another child time period in the next hour or two since these are really cute. I'll try to stay busy!

Bye, jellies.

 

=============================================================

Find me on the web~030

tumblr: 
  • forgottenheartache (official blog) 
    •  for those that can't see it! -  https://www.tumblr.com/blog/forgottenheartache
  •     whatami94 (personal-ish depression blog)
    • for those that can't see it! - https://www.tumblr.com/blog/whatami94
email: what.ami_94@yahoo.com 
twitter: @scaredygiraffe (rant/depression and like blog)
  • for those that can't see it! - https://twitter.com/scaredygiraffe 
Thank you all for the support!
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment