Tuesday, June 22, 2021

{Forget Already} Hotel [Main Fiction] (Chapter 11)

 Does Diedre even know what she's going to do once she's in there? Does she have a plan?

 

 Warnings: PLEASE read them!

    Depictions of Panic attacks, references to child abuse, depiction of injury, blood (mentioned), trauma induced panic attack (mild, but I'm going to add just in case.)

 -

---

--------

------------------

---------------------------

----------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 I felt suffocated, like hot blankets were pressed around me forcing me to breathe the stale air. It was dark. Sweat poured down my neck. My hands were clammy and I had to keep brushing them on my jeans. Oh. I was in one of those worlds, like with Girtin. The warm memory of his confession left as soon as it came when a cool gust of air billowed on my face. A light came from the direction of it, standing before me was Silen.

He looked wrong. Silen stood at his full height, not slouching over in fear or whimpering in terror. His blue eyes were pulled in a frown and icy with anger. Clenched hands and lips. He was trembling in anger. I could even see, even at this distance, his eyes twitch just barely. I had never seen him like this. What did I do?

"You." Silen thundered. "What do you think you are doing here? I don't think you know what you are doing. It's wrong for you to be here. This...is only for me. You don't belong here." He looked away, using his hand to gesture at a, now lit, hallway to his left. Light after light continued to be lit, leading to an exit, lit by a standard red "exit" box above the door.

"I don't care what you think you are doing." Silen spat, cruelty foreign on his normally soft features. "You don't belong here. I don't want to have to kick you out myself." His gaze faltered, as if he forgot something, the purple tear streaks even more apparent on his sickly pale skin. He looked like himself for a moment, before the mask came back," I don't want you to see this...."

"Silen-" I plead.

"-Not now, Diedre, you can't fix this! You can't fix me, so don't even try at this point. I have to deal with this by myself." He wouldn't even look at me now, but I could feel the bitterness simmering in his words. Was that really what it was?

"Then why are you crying? On the outside, outside of whatever this is, why did you ask me for help there but not here!?" I demand, holding out my hand, begging for him to take it. I adjust myself on the mattress. His gaze chills as he looks down on it as I move. What?

"Get off that. You have no idea what you are sitting on." Silen began to beg, his persona slipping again. Why? It's just a bed, isn't it?

Blood. I was sitting in a bed covered in it. I never got out of a bed faster in my life. I didn't think to check if it was wet or anything, but I knew I had to get off of it. I fell on the floor, twisting my body to face it and Silen. Silen who also seemed to react to the blood, whimpered under his breath. Just as I was quickly remembering that he is terrified of blood, did I see him truly react: with his hands in his hair, he began to wail, starting as a small cry quickly intensifying into one of pure terror. He darted into a hallway behind him, one that I had no idea was even there before.

He was fast, propelled by his fear and naturally long legs. Normally he would be out of breath by just a few minutes of running, but it seems like his adrenaline was greatly fueled by the fear of the blood that was long behind him. After a couple of more minutes of running down what seemed to be an endless motel hallway, I knew something had to be terribly wrong. Yes, I should have guessed this by now, but just in case I missed it. I almost laughed out loud, if not for the pain in my lungs and legs. How bad was the thing that we were running from?

I'm so stupid. Of course it's not just the blood. It's what it stands for; like a symbol for something bad that happened to him. I grit my teeth, trying to forget my pain. I had to catch up to him!

Then the corridor started to twist and turn, completely unnatural for what was supposed to be a hotel. I'm not even that shocked. I'm starting to expect things to start getting weird at this point.

-You are the worst-

A voice, small and weak, but enough so that I can hear it. Where was it coming from?

-You are the reason it fell apart-

-You are the source of it...now it's time to receive more punishment-

The voices keep coming, starting to overlap and echo. Silen is still running. How is he not tired? We are so far away from the bed, from the blood, and from whatever that was back there. Why are you still so afraid?

-You were too pure so it was more tempting-

-That makes it your fault-

-It's your fault I'm not here anymore-

-The remnants are cancer within you-

-You can't escape it-

-You can't heal-

-The phantom you created is waiting...for you-


Then the hallway ended, leaking out into a large gymnasium covered wall to wall, top to bottom with carpet. In the center, stood something. It oozed purple darkness, the miasma leaking into the surrounding air and discoloring the floor, a slow moving sludge like lava. A bitter laugh came from the "mouth" area of the creature, causing spittle to fly towards us.

Silen had stopped, like a deer in headlights, from the moment he saw the creature. I could hear him starting to breathe heavily, panic starting to set in to him again. Now he could not run, only staring wide eyed at the thing manifested from what was most likely his fears.

-Maybe it was just the right time-

-It doesn't make a difference if she's here or not-

-I will get my reward-

Silen was shaking his head widely, almost madly, his greatest fear was slinking towards him. The voice was wrong, my heart promised, even though my mind faltered. I knew what I needed to do, but what could I do? I needed to get Silen to safety. The room was just carpet and the thing. Maybe I could talk first and get some information? At the very least I could try to talk to Silen. With scythe in hand, I walk over to Silen, using it to create a barrier between him and the slimy thing.

"You won't get closer! Get away from Silen!" I roared. Silen jumped a little from my pitch, but quickly grabbed my arm with his whole body. "Are you going to be ok, Silen? Just hold on for me." I whisper to him. He doesn't respond verbally, but he nuzzles his face into my shoulder, whimpering. I turn to the slime. It is vibrating, waves coming off it like from the beating of a heart. A constant thumping of energy, radiating from the core of the miasma. "What are you? I won't let you hurt him." It feels cheesy. I don't think it's going to work, but I have to try. If bluffing is all I can do right now, then it's what I'm going to do.

"Heh." It burbles, making sick noises with the sound of bubbles popping off the surface as it spoke. "I have a right. I have every right to punish him." Silen whimpers below my arm, shuddering as it spoke.

"That's were you are wrong fucker!" I point the end of the weapon to it. "You are going to stand back, leaving Silen alone, or you are going to get fucked up!" I threaten it, trying to keep my arm steady, bringing the other only after pulling Silen behind me.

"Diedre...."Silen whispered as he hugged me from behind, trying to be as silent as possible."You can't reason with it. It's been tormenting me since that day. I can't beat it; you can't beat it. I don't want you to die too."

"Tell me something, Silen."

"Yes?"

"What is that? I want to be sure once I start hacking at it." I was starting to get really pissed off. First this thing is terrorizing my friend, yes he's a scaredy cat, but he's acting like he owns him. Second, I have this growing urge building within me, commanding my arms to act on eliminating it from existence. Honestly I have no idea which one is stronger, but I'm starting to care less and less as time goes on.

"Did Girtin tell you? What happened to me? I don't want to tell you everything. It's too terrible. I don't even want to remember it. I still think about it. All the time. I-"

"Please just tell me, Silen, I'm going to do this for you."

"It's him." Silen cried into my back." It's my mommy's ex husband."

That's all it took. The first reason finally one over enough to give me the motivation to move, and the second reason told me where to start. I rushed towards it, holding it high, behind my ear, wound up energy coursing through me.

    -Wouldn't you like me to take over?-

    -You want this to be over quickly, right?-

    -Don't let it touch you.-

The voice, I realized was coming from the scythe; it was the same one as before, when I was confronting Silen in the other world. It wasn't Death, that was for sure, she had a deeper voice. Was it the weapon itself or was it being used as a conduit for someone else's voice? I shake my head.

I had to focus. I could do this without someone else's help. It just had to be cut in half, right? I was a little sick about the thought of doing that, but it has to be done! Just like a baseball bat: aim, hit, follow through. With a little more swing than I would normally give a bat, going off what I've seen in movies, I slice through the beast.

I hit something hard in the middle. It was like I had stopped at something metal. A sick laugh bubbled from the creature. The cut it made was not enough. The clean slice of malice, stiff like jello, melted at once and grabbed the blade. It threw it and me to the nearby wall. My head bounced off it, causing me to see stars. Crap. I can't do this. You have to be quick or something to be able to cut this solid liquid thing. I guess I watch too much tv, because that's all I can think about. Stupid. I'm so fucking stupid. I can't do this. It hurts.

    -Since you asked so nicely, princess-

    -I will do as you ask.

    -Just relax.-

    -I've got you.-

-

-Girtin-

-

Oh God, this is horrible. I can't get closer than this: there's some sort of purple shield around the two of them. Diedre, I hope the hell you know what you are doing. My hands have a death grip on my jeans. I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I can't do this. I have to breathe. I have to call someone. I fumble to unlock my phone, finding Betha's number again. She answers immediately.

"Girtin? Girtin! Oh, please tell me some good news!" Betha whimpered on the other line. She sounds on edge, like me.

"Ok, Betha, listen: Diedre has entered some...sort of...mind meld thing...with Silen. They've been just hugging for a while now, not moving-"

"Don't separate them!" Betha screeched. Eh. I hold the phone away from my ear again.

"I can't even get close! There's some sort of Darkness field or something. Besides, she told me to trust her, so that's what I'm doing." I retort bitterly. Seriously, Betha? I get that you're the resident smarty pants, but- the it dies on my lips.

"Oh." Betha softened. "I'm sorry for yelling. I can't see. Could I video call you?"

I was going to answer Betha. I really was, but I noticed Diedre twitch, gasping in pain. Oh no. She's hurt! I can't move closer. Panic starts to grip my insides, acid dripping down my throat. No. What if she's in danger there?

"Girtin? Girtin? Are you ok?" Betha worriedly asked.

"Diedre's hurt. No. What's happening? I can't do anything!" I pant, putting the phone on the floor, Betha's voice calling my name in the background. What the heck am I supposed to do?

Don't leave me behind again!

Fuck.

---------------

------------------------

-----------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------


I don't really want to get into a lot of details about Silen, but I hope I came across well enough. I tried to be as accurate as I can with out being callous. If that makes sense. I hope it does. ;.;

Also, can you tell I don't write action scenes. I will try to write more so I can get better. Thank you for being patient with me as I write down the brain bug that's been in my head for seven+ years.

Maybe one more chapter. I might just deus ex machina this fight. I hope it doesn't come to that.

ANYWAY! Thanks for reading this week! See you next week.

-----


---Chapter Navigation--

Chapter 10 (Linky) - Chapter 11  (you are here) --> Chapter 12 (Linky)

-----------------------------


Find me on the web~030

tumblr: 
  • forgottenheartache (official blog) 
    •  for those that can't see it! -  https://www.tumblr.com/blog/forgottenheartache
  •     whatami94 (personal-ish depression blog)
    • for those that can't see it! - https://www.tumblr.com/blog/whatami94
email: what.ami_94@yahoo.com 
twitter: @scaredygiraffe (rant/depression and like blog)
  • for those that can't see it! - https://twitter.com/scaredygiraffe 

Weebly website (calling card): LINKY

 Thank you all for the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment