Tuesday, September 9, 2014

[Soul Coin] Soul and the little girl, Eternium. (Chapter 1) {Fiction}

Something I wrote last night, so I apologize for the errors in grammar/logic. Ah....

Characters: Soul, Eternium, Drendion (a sea goddess)
Rating: For all ages
Warning: None, but I have no idea how to write child dialogue. <.<

My hiatus is off for the time being. College has been kind to me, in terms of workload, but if need be I will choose my education if things get out of hand. Keep that in mind if you want updates. If anyone actually does....

I'll stop talking now! Please enjoy/suffer quietly(?).





    'I can't believe I'm actually doing this' I thought for what could be the sixteenth time this morning. The little girl god, Eternium, is pouting at my feet about something again. Her brilliant blue eyes shining with contempt as she shook with petty rage. It would be almost cute, well, if she didn't have an instant way of contacting her mother and father. She wouldn't even have to run; she'd just stall time. Her gift it seems, to my luck, is control of time. She's only a child, and on her own, in a strange world. It'd be stupid if I refused taking her in with me. If only I had known she would be this much trouble. I wonder if this is what my own father thought of me. The youngest of eight, I was certainly a handful; this must be his way of getting back at me for all those years of torment.
   "Let's have fun Soul! I'm boooreed." She cried, exhausting herself.
   "Help me with the laundry then, and I'll play with you." I smirk, turning to her. She immediately perks up. Chuckling silently to myself for a job well done, I grab the damp clothes from the washtub. "Here's your pile. Come back when you are done, okay, and no cheating." She dramatically gasps impishly.
   "Oh, I would never do such a foolish thing. It's a race!" Her bouncy white locks, cut close to her face, jumped in excitement. She's only eight, why is she so excited? Eternium is up and at it in mere seconds. I can't believe I'm actually doing this. I sigh, before looking at the ocean, I see Drendion walking towards us. The sea god isn't really violent, but I pull up a primary mental barrier around Eternium, just in case.
   "Ah, Soul, careful as always." Drendion, god of the ocean and good news, sighs dreamily, "Hi, Eternium, sweety." She calls to Eternium, who's eagerly pinning the clothes on the line.
   "Good morning, Lady Drendion." Eternium curtsies to the best of her ability with clothes in her apron almost spilling out.
   "Drendion, what do you want? Or, do you want to do something useful?" I smirk, not facing her, putting up one of Eternium's dresses on the line.
   "Ah, that really hurts my feelings, Soul. I'm already doing something useful: helping you protect the little darling, Eternium." Drendion pouts, shaking her wet blue hair.
   "Yes, protecting her from Grainut and Elmme is very useful, but I mean this. Do you know how much clothing an eight year old has? A lot, thank you." I place another blue dress on the line.
   "I was an eight year old girl too, you know, and I had my parent's full attention being the only child. Eternium has a proper number of dresses for a young lady on her own, away from her parents." Drendion sighed, as she held a beautiful yellow sun dress in her hands.
   Yes. That was the reason that Eternium was with me in the first place: her parents. I've met them only once before. It was when I joined the small girl as her underling/guardian/familiar. It was not a pretty sight, since they thought I was "into" young girls. They fought, even though Eternium had already made the pact. A water sprite and a fire demon; what arrangement made these two possible? Long story short, Eternium started to cry, and now they hate me.

It had been their choice to allow her on her own in the first place. I'm just glad, in my own small way, that some creep didn't get to her first.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This seems like a good place to stop. Maybe. I'm not sure how this will go, but I've been planning the story for months...day dreaming. Is this a bad thing? I don't really know. I might make a post about god hierarchy some time in the future. Yes, that sounds nice.

Thank you for reading the short short chapter.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find me on the web~030

tumblr: 
  • forgottenheartache (official blog) 
    •  for those that can't see it! -  https://www.tumblr.com/blog/forgottenheartache
  •     whatami94 (personal-ish depression blog)
    • for those that can't see it! - https://www.tumblr.com/blog/whatami94
email: what.ami_94@yahoo.com 
twitter: @scaredygiraffe (rant/depression and like blog)
  • for those that can't see it! - https://twitter.com/scaredygiraffe 
Thank you all for the support!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment