Friday, October 24, 2014

[Forget Already] Betha's fear of cars (Chapter 2) {Fiction}

This is awkward...it's been too long since I last posted. It's even a Friday....
This is for the anon that commented on the last chapter. Honestly! I'm sure you won't come back. ;.;

So, I'm sorry if this wasn't what you wanted.....I DID update. It just took a long time. (That, and most of my ideas are cruddy anyway.) Don't forget me anon! *weeps silently*

Characters: Diedre, Betha
Rating: SFW
See notes at the end for information about the Mechan Forest

Here I go again... <.<
=================================================================
=================================================================

A loud crack of thunder crashed from behind me as I crossed the threshold of Betha's home. She scuttled nervously around the room to close the curtains. I just stand here, near the door awkwardly. I almost decide to help Betha in her frantic task, but when I finally build up the motivation, she'd done it all herself. Shame wells up in my mouth as I quickly move to apologize. Betha shakes her head at me gently.

"You're my guest and my best friend in the entire world, Diedre; you don't have to feel bad about this. I just..." she stops to glance at her metal appendages nervously,"...need to be careful when there's a storm like this." She tries to smile to lighten the mood, and I try to return the favor. I fail miserably, but this amuses Betha causing her to gently giggle.

But, as I look cautiously outside, she's right about the rain. The sky is almost black. The metallic trees are almost alight with the electricity coming down from the dark clouds. If I had been caught out there, I would have died, no doubt about it.

Behind me, I can hear Betha in the kitchenette. She's pouring some water into the pot and I strangely hear a bottle being uncorked. I turn around, curious to what she could be doing. Walking to her I ask, "What are you doing? What's that bottle?" Betha gazes at me confused for a second, as if I asked the most stupid question, but finally realizes that I truely had no idea. She smiles at me before answering.

"The water is not fit for humans to drink; I need to put this in to purify it." Betha beckons me over to the sink, and I follow, not understanding. She puts her hand on one of the handles to the sink, and turns it on. The water that flows isn't clear, like water should be. The water is purple, but it flows the same. I can feel my mouth slowly opening in disbelief. Why is it purple? It comes from the tap doesn't it? Why? Betha, by now, notices my expression of utter confusion and smiles kindly. "The woman that runs this world, Lady Death, has no desire to make living easy for us. This water has been tainted with her blood, so this," she holds up the one ounce glass bottle in her hand, and gives it a gentle shake,",is the only thing that makes the water safe. It's an ancient magic." I continue to stare at her, completely dumbfounded.

"What happens if you drink the tainted water?" I ask out of mere necessity, the question quickly burning a hole in my mind. After all, what was so special about this lady's blood?

Betha looks away, not daring to make eye contact. A small tremor of fear grazes her face before she finally speaks, "You go slowly insane, and kill everyone you love."

=================================================================

 ===============================================================

  =============================================================

Notes: Well, the Mechan forest is a forest of mechanized trees, or metal trees if you will. So some move and some trees can't, if that helps. I'll do a quick sketch of the area before this Tuesday from what I have left from the game project.

Also if anyone is going to ask why the water is such an unrealistic color, I have some answers:
  1. Each realm has weird things inside it to remind you that you are not in the real world.
  2. This is a realm of fantasy created by a demented woman (Lady Death).
  3. I like purple. (Fun Fact: The world Girten is in has green water, while the world Silen is in has yellow water.) Reasoning later? Ah, but it's a bad reason.
Thanks for reading, and I hope to have an idea before next update....or I'll have to keep the hiatus notice on the left side of the screen.
 
 
------
 
 
Find me on the web~030
tumblr: 
  • forgottenheartache (official blog) 
    •  for those that can't see it! -  https://www.tumblr.com/blog/forgottenheartache
  •     whatami94 (personal-ish depression blog)
    • for those that can't see it! - https://www.tumblr.com/blog/whatami94
email: what.ami_94@yahoo.com 
twitter: @scaredygiraffe (rant/depression and like blog)
  • for those that can't see it! - https://twitter.com/scaredygiraffe 
Thank you all for the support!
  


No comments:

Post a Comment