Saturday, March 27, 2021

[Forget Already] Knowing Mallie (Chapter 1) {Fiction}

Sorry if anyone actually liked the old version. I have the archive of this, but it was so hard to fix.


I'll post the original character stuff here:

Characters: Mallie, Lady, Lady Death

Rating: Not as bad, but be cautious. .-.

Warnings: Gender issues are front and center.

 Also, Lady Death is a bit of a meany head; don't read if it bothers you too much.

Also, please don't read if you have a sensitivity to assault.

 I don't want you guys to get hurt! <3

 

 Ok.


========================================================================

I wake suddenly, panting, my clothes soaked through. I try to recall the nightmare I had. Grimacing, I try to hold back the bile that threatened to come up. That memory, it was something I hadn't thought of in a long time.That day I told everyone what I was. I thought that they would smile and understand, but sometimes that's not the case. I mean it should have been obvious: I don't have a cycle or have pretty hair or soft skin or boobs or anything wonderful like that. I was a monster and they treated me like one. Threw me into a hospital for stupid depressed kids and left me alone. I shudder just thinking about it now. I hated myself so much then. That hasn't changed much, but since I came to this world, I was allowed to be myself. My friend, Lady, was someone I met at the hospital. She came with me, as suddenly as it happened, I'm so glad I wasn't alone.

Lady. The thought of her brought me back to the present. What time is it? 6 a.m. Oh, that's actually really early for me. Ok, so what was so important today? I lay back down on my soft pillow, thinking hard (another first for me). Something to do with Lady- oh! It's her birthday! Crud. How the heck did I forget? I know time flows stupid here, but I can't believe that it's here already.

I look at the sleeping form of my best friend, on the short bed on the other side of the room. Lady. I'll get dressed and find some flowers for you. I'll make you think I remembered like a good friend. I slip on my clothes that I set out the previous night, and almost slink out of the room. But, my good nature slips into a devious one as I turn to Lady. I just want to look at her sleeping face. It's nothing bad; I just never get up this early. When am I ever going to get this wonderful opportunity?

I'm going to never admit it to Lady. Ever. I think I have a tiny crush on her. When I was in the hospital she was always really pretty, but she wore subdued colors and long sleeves/dresses. Not that there's a problem with that. I never did. She could wear even the most ugly clothes and could still pull them off; heck, she could wear dresses when I couldn't, and that gave me courage to wear them now that I'm here. She's not like me, being born girly and beautiful, not like I can't pull it off, but she does it with such grace. Oh, who am I kidding? I have a big crush on her. I'll just look at her breathtaking face once more before I go looking-

"Oh, helllooo Mallie!" She whispers loudly, grabbing my face, shaking it gently in the early morning. "I didn't think you'd be up...this early. What'cha doing?"

"Ah, I was just waking you up..." I stammer, utterly embarrassed,"...to see...see the sunrise. Yes, the sunrise, since it's your birthday!"

"Oh." she teases," Is that all it is? I thought you were going to give me a birthday kissss." My face heats up at the suggestion. Lucky for me though, she can't see me, but laughs all the same at my expense. "Just kidding! But sure, I love watching the sunrise, I'm so glad you want to come this time!"

"Awesome, let's hurry." I chuckle, grabbing a hoodie, I hope it's mine, but again, it's too dark to me totally sure of the color. In light of my recent realization, I kind of don't want to watch Lady dress, much, but it'd be weird if I did. I run down the stairs into the living room. I smooth my purple hair in front of the mirror and pull out a (lucky) headband, pulling my bangs in front of it, in a style that Lady suggested to me one day out of the blue. I had put it in that way ever since that day.

Lady comes down in her normal t shirt, vest, and shorts combo. I stare at her, dumbly, she's going to wear that outside. It's freezing! Not that I've ever minded before, even if my pining mind is giving two thumbs waaaaaay up for this, but it's too cold outside.

"You are wearing that outside? Even I'm wearing jeans and a hoodie; you're going to get sick if you don't bring a jacket."

"Oh, I know. I just like living on the edge!" She states, putting her hands on her hips and laughing like some superhero. Ha- Ha- Ha- . I grab an extra blanket because I am the responsible one.

"I'm living on the edge." Lady states bravely, as she walks outside. It was cold, and as usual, Lady was too stubborn to change clothes once she was outside.  Only after flat-out putting my extra blanket on her head, did she even have some protection from the brisk morning air. Then, as if on cue, the dazzling morning colors blinded us. I, caught off guard, fell over on the grass. Hearing Lady laugh at me, was embarrassing, but I was glad to be of service; the last few days were a little gray for her, and I couldn't do anything. I begin laughing in spite of myself. Then I hear a small crack. Startled, I look around for the source, but see only Lady. Fear places it's seed inside my stomach and my blood turns to ice. She is sitting up sickeningly straight, and slowly turning her head towards me in a unreal manner. I stifle my gasp; it's an episode; why is she having an episode now, of all times? Her cold fushia colored eyes were completely filled to the brim, and she had a empty feel to her. She looked on past me and with a quiet voice, she whispered the following:

"Something will disrupt your sunset. It will bring great change to the worlds; the immoral lives you all live, in this limbo, will end. The harbinger of doom: the Scarlet Remembrance! You can't stop it, and soon your peace will end; a climax of all your stories will start cracking all of your hearts. The Darkness will bloom in all of you, and then wilt forever!" 

After all of that, she fell into my lap utterly exhausted. I dragged her back to her bed, and sat there. I was prepared to wait forever for her to wake up; that Scarlet Remembrance better know what's coming for hurting Lady. She didn't say when, which helped a lot, but it couldn't be for too long. That much I hoped, but would it even happen in the next year? I could never tell when these things would come true. Taking a deep breath, I glance down at Lady's passed out face on my lap, and slid her off it. I could mope later, but for now I needed to beef up defenses on this place. I open the door to the room, and slowly exit as if Lady was only just sleeping. It's already bright outside, but I'm not in the mood to admire it. Walking briskly down the stairs, I burst out the front door.

The Realm I live in with Lady is an archipelago of a sorts of floating islands. There are streams of off-colored water flowing from strange places that end up in the sea hundreds of feet below. The heights aren't much of an issue; I've been here long enough to get over the fear of it. Glancing in the horizon I can casually see the warp gate. The small door that leads to who knows what; though to be fair I can't really touch the door itself. Rolling up my thick blue sleeves I begin to walk to it. It's not that far, and I reach it in no time. It's always smaller than I remember it. With a simple gray paint job, and a small gold door knob. It doesn't look like much.

 

I just have to lock the door. No one can come in. Just breathe in. Just breathe out. Sitting down cross legged, I put my hands over my eyes. I start to slow my breathing to a conscious four count in, hold for two, four count out.  I can feel only three shapes in my mind: the door, Lady, and myself. I can't touch it, so I'm going to create a barrier. Beat that stupid Red Reaper! Concentrate on the air around the door. Only around it, because you can't touch it. There's a blue Darkness aura all over it, but you can't touch it. Lady would be sad if you touched it, and went insane. Surround it like a bubble. I'm going to pull off my bandages, and make a seal once the barrier is complete. Sure it's not my strong point, but Lady's not here. I don't care what they say I am. I'm going to protect Lady from the Darkness, and I don't care what that reaper says through her. Lady Death doesn't know what she's talking about after all. She can't stop me from doing this.

-----

----

--

-

Only she can, and will, if need be.

-

--

---

----

I wake up on my bed. Who brought me here? I'm wide awake now, but I can't move. There is a purple tint in the air, and I can, out of the corner of my eyes, see a woman in a long green dress and ebony black hair. I must have been breathing rapidly, because she turned to face me. Oh no, not here.


"Child." Purple mist came out of her mouth when she spoke,"I thought I made my point very clear: you can't stop my prophecy from coming true. You should have learned that the last time I told you."

 

"Lady Death." I struggle to say, it hurts too much to say more.

 

"There's nothing you can do." Death says as she kneels next to my face. I can feel her Darkness leaking freely out of her mouth. "Just let it happen, and you won't-"

 

"I...will not...let you...hurt Lady." I interject, my tongue freely bleeding. I hold my breath to prevent that toxic purple mist from getting in me.

 

"Child." Death stands up, irritated, but pets my hair patiently like one does to a disobedient puppy. She moves my body so my head can rest on her lap. "You are a rebellious one aren't you? I knew you would be trouble, but no, I will not hurt Lady." Her hands run continuously over my short purple strands. I can't understand her expression. I don't want to be here. Not when that girl is coming like Lady said in her vision. I can't hold my breath any longer. If I let the Darkness in me, I might hurt Lady. Death is smiling now, her mouth coming in closer planting a kiss on my forehead, like a mother would. It burns, but I can't fail and take a breath. She looks amused whispering to my ear, "Don't forget what you are. I can change some things, and you know that. I will change that thing you hate so much into something you will hate more. I'm not going to hurt Lady. Oh no, it will be you." That did it; it was then that I took a breath. On the intake breath I swallowed so much of the poison that I was overcame by the Darkness.


"AhhHh Ah!" I screamed on that horrible woman's lap, purple tinted tears streaming out of my face and into my ears. I can't hurt anyone. Please stop this horrible thing you're doing to me! Make it end. Please.

 

"Take it in, Mallie." Death laughed darkly as she blew more Darkness mist at me. "I'll be better if you take in all of it."

 

Then, as if by some strange miracle, I passed out. Limp and useless. Though the damage was done; I had enough of The Darkness in me. It was too late. I'm sorry, Lady.

 

-

-

--

---

-

---

-

-

-

-

I'm sorry. I kept the last bit more than I planned. I might touch it up again, but consider it fixed for now. 3/27/2021 

 

 

Find me on the web~030

tumblr: 
  • forgottenheartache (official blog) 
    •  for those that can't see it! -  https://www.tumblr.com/blog/forgottenheartache
  •     whatami94 (personal-ish depression blog)
    • for those that can't see it! - https://www.tumblr.com/blog/whatami94
email: what.ami_94@yahoo.com 
twitter: @scaredygiraffe (rant/depression and like blog)
  • for those that can't see it! - https://twitter.com/scaredygiraffe 
Thank you all for the support!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment