Tuesday, August 4, 2015

[Forget Already] Ether {Fiction Drabble}

Hi, jellies. This is something I'm trying to expand upon into a longer fiction. Though it's tough going, and ended up being a "waste" of time. Something gritty or the like. I don't know. It seems like it's very very short. It actually is...wow.

Characters: Ether, Diedre
Warnings: None
Note: At end I will try to explain what I was going for. Stay tuned...

-----
----
---
--
-
We walked down a long passage way for what seemed like forever, my mind guarded like a fortress. I had to be strong for the people that were counting on me; everyone was counting on me to do this. Ether's thin, tall form, with his lantern shining ahead, was all that I could really see in the darkness. Not long ago did I feel the temperature drop, so I was used to the cold of the dungeon, or at least that's what I thought it was. I wonder what the purpose of this. Is Death's room that far away? Are we even going in that direction, or is this a trap? Interrupting my thoughts, almost as if hearing them, Ether stops in his tracks. I pause. What is he doing? I feel the temptation to pull out of my scythe when he finally speaks.

"Why do you wish to see my Lady, child? Are you going to kill her?" He speaks monotonously, never turning to face to me. "She gave me life. I owe her my loyalty for that. Do you at least understand that, young lady?" Ether's neutral eyes started narrowing slightly, his face starting to look like a scowl.

"I am going to make her pay for the lives she has crushed; She will pay for the hurting the people I love." I pull out my weapon swiftly, sensing the growing Darkness emanating from Ether. He turns around, pulling out thin wire, smiling cruelly, testing the tension. The lantern is placed on the floor between us. We lock eyes. Ether smiles even wider, and laughs slightly.

"I understand how you feel, child." He begins, staring me down."I will not however, let you get to my Lady at full strength. I will suffer greatly, but it is worth it. I can weaken you. You cannot die, but you can feel pain. Look around you." My heart racing, I look around for what he could be talking about. Suddenly, I felt trapped in a spider's web; there were wires flying  around the passage, attaching seemingly alive to the cold stone. He was controlling the wire? He isn't moving at all! A sadistic smile comes across his face. "Worried? Come on, kill me if you want. Waste your time; Lady Death is waiting for you down the hall.

-
--
---
----
-----

======================================================
Here's my attempt at making a very scripted tension scene.

Ether, as a reminder, is Death's servant; his weapon is wire. I couldn't make it work logically, so I added magic to make better sense. Ether was told by Lady Death to invite Diedre to the Castle so they could fight. Supposedly this would happen at the end of the story, with all the group sending Diedre their strength, lalal, and stuff. Ether follows Death's instructions, and weakens her on the way there.

I had plans for Diedre to fight, rpg style, in this order: Ether, Elusion, Miss Madness, and then Lady Death. BUT, I can't really script/write fight scenes, so this won't happen.

Ether's fight would use smoke and the wires
Elusion's fight would involve her sickle and high speed
Miss Madness' fight would use word play and "why are you hitting yourself" moments
Lady Death's fight I haven't really thought of anything yet. I'm stuck between a three form battle with her mutating into a dark angel-like figure that can "infect" you with Darkness poison OR her creating Darkness blob forms of her friends with their respective powers, while she laughs at you. Both are really cool ideas to me.

I have the end speech from Ether which spoils stuff, and the start of Elusion's pre-fight banter. I feel bad for writing Diedre as uncaring. She is just more used to her weapon now, which (my fault) I haven't talked about at all. Also, she's just a bit tired of Death screwing up things, and hurting the people she's come to care about.

Thoughts, jellies? Have a nice week. :)

=================================================================

Find me on the web~030

tumblr: 
  • forgottenheartache (official blog) 
    •  for those that can't see it! -  https://www.tumblr.com/blog/forgottenheartache
  •     whatami94 (personal-ish depression blog)
    • for those that can't see it! - https://www.tumblr.com/blog/whatami94
email: what.ami_94@yahoo.com 
twitter: @scaredygiraffe (rant/depression and like blog)
  • for those that can't see it! - https://twitter.com/scaredygiraffe 
Thank you all for the support!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment