Tuesday, June 2, 2015

[Forget Already] Brimstone (Last Half) {Fiction}

It's another week again? It's Tuesday! Oh gosh, I almost forgot. Everyone is being especially hard on me lately. I'm not stressed. No way. That's not true at all. I'm just going to pretend it's okay for the family and such. Don't want them to be stressed out. Gosh, that'd be mean.

My little sister is graduating high school this Thursday. Wow, time sure flies. She's already a young adult, or a big child as I like to call them. It's a cute term, not to be mean or anything. I think considering how adults like me act, they are pretty much adults already. Physically, yes. Psychologically, generally no. I don't know. They are going to have a ceremony at the sports center at the school. I can't wait I guess.

I'm starting classes next week. Dang it's that time again. Taking organic chemistry this time around. Haha, you think I'm smart or something? No. Just a summer class so I can get my associates degree. Fine I can be smart too; wait till I finish with a C.

Gosh. I'm talking too much about myself. That's rude of me. I promised a chapter, didn't say which, but I'm ahead of the game. I hope I can stay that way. You know what I'm talking about, I think.

Wish me luck. ;.;

Update: 5/18/2021:

Changed some things and made it longer. I might have enough to make another chapter. I'm sure everyone is noticing at what moment I am stopping. :)

----
---
--
-
When I came to, the sun was high in the sky. I was in my room, in my own bed. I was so tired, but I had to get up. Dried, crusted Darkness residue on my lips and shirt. In fact, I hadn't been changed at all; a fact I was grateful for. I'd hate to see Dainin's face after he did something so embarrassing.

Dainin

Oh no. He's getting ready for that girl. The one the Lady mentioned. Seeing as I am myself right now, it must have passed on to Dainin. All that stress from seeing me pass out, it must've brought him to the brink. As much as that selfishly pleases me, I can't just let him out there on his own.

I frown. He's not a fighter; I'm the one that's always protected him. Always. Ever since we were young, he's always relied on me. If he faced her as he is now, manic from the Darkness, he would fail. I can't let that happen to him!

Getting up, weakened as I was, was hard. I should clean up and swap shirts. I grab a shirt at random from my closet and walk outside my room. If I hurry, Dainin wont see me and get upset again. If I hurry, he wont get hurt again. Worry and fear begin to settle in my stomach making their home there. I just have to hurry. Open the door, turn on the sink, ignore the fear on my face, take off the shirt, stick it in the sink, blast the cold water, put on the identical shirt, and stop the water. Done. I can do this.

I've never felt so scared. Even before the accident, I always believed in Dainin. He always prevented me from going to far. He's always supported me like I supported him. I bite my lip, thinking now of what I should do next. Dainin? Where are you now?

I hear a giggle, one that's just bordering on deranged. Dainin! It has to be you! Joy then fear flushes through me. 

Apprehensively, I call out to him," Dainin, is that you?"

"Ohhhhhh there you are, Christophe!" He giggles like someone who's drunk, tilting his head, eyes unfocused. "I've been getting everything ready for her. It's going to be great! That lady told me what to do: set a trap. It's so simple! You make friends with her, since evvverryybooddyy loves your voice and stuff, and take her to the attic. I have some petrochemicals that will do the trick. Don't ask me how I got them. I don't want you to get in trouble! Ha." He laughs like it's the best joke he's ever told. (Trust me it's not.)

Dainin's unfocused stare straightens, he cracks his neck. A purple streak slides down his right eye. He begins to laugh," I'm so sorry, Christophe. I can't fulfill my promise to you and see the flowers today. I know how excited you were. We can go some other time if we survive this." 

"Dainin...." I whisper, frowning deeply. I know she's holding you hostage and I know you meant that. I sniff a little. It's just allergies I lie to myself. I'm just going to have to do it. For Dainin. Screw what happens to me; I can't let him get hurt anymore.


I have to protect him.

-

So I do what I have to do. I clean up my hair. I brush my tongue and teeth, scrubbing until they bled, trying to get rid of the purple residue. I avoided Dainin while I did this, leaving him in his manic state in the attic. I was worried to death about him, but I knew what I had to do.

I just have to open the door when she gets here. She can't be left wandering around the trailer; she has to be lead to the attic, or Dainin wont get better. Oh Lady of the Darkness please give me the strength to do this. I can't do it on my own. My heart starts to beat faster, anxiety getting the best of me. I wondered how I could bring myself to do this.

Looks like she heard me. A knock comes from the door. I look through the peep hole, granting me my first look at the red headed reaper. The handle comes too quickly for my liking. I open the door, staring at the brown eyes that will be the first ones I might have to kill.

"Hello." I smile, teeth not showing, eyes only filled with hate. "Welcome to Great Graces Orphanage! My name is Christophe."

All I can smell is the fire from the pits of my soul.

-
--
---
----
.
Sorry for such a short chapter. I'm busy busy lately. I want to have free time like I used to, but that was just an illusion. Shame it had to end.

How are you liking this story? No? Yes?!?! I hope it's "yes". I wish I could communicate better, so I hope by writing I can be more fluent with my ideas.

I'm so sleepy. Time for bed. I hope to see you again next Tuesday. :)

 

Update: 5/18/2021: Meanwhile Christophe has got it bad. :) 

Update: 6/4/2021: I was wondering how I could show the differences between Diedre's immediate friend group and the other people that lived here. Diedre's friends believe, and know from experience, that Diedre is a good person. The other people, being strangers, think only the worst, and therefore assume that she is going to kill them. These other people, having never met any of the other characters(?), have a lot of other ideas about this world. We don't know how Dainin really feels, but we, having the POV of Christophe in these sections, see that he is both fears/worships Lady Death. He believes that all of his abilities (from here on they get a little outlandish) stem from her lending her power to them. All they have to do is what she says. Betha mentions something like this before, how people worshiped her in the past only to be met with death. That doesn't sound good for Christophe does it? I wonder if he can think differently about her after knowing that.

------------------------------------


Find me on the web~030

tumblr: 
  • forgottenheartache (official blog) 
    •  for those that can't see it! -  https://www.tumblr.com/blog/forgottenheartache
  •     whatami94 (personal-ish depression blog)
    • for those that can't see it! - https://www.tumblr.com/blog/whatami94
email: what.ami_94@yahoo.com 
twitter: @scaredygiraffe (rant/depression and like blog)
  • for those that can't see it! - https://twitter.com/scaredygiraffe 
Thank you all for the support!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment