Tuesday, September 30, 2014

[Forget Already] Betha's fear of cars (Chapter 1) {Fiction}

Hi! It's been three weeks since my last post. Oops! Sorry about that; I didn't mean to do that at all.
It's not like anyone missed me. Ahhh...right.

I have written some more, but it'd be a while before I post the rest of it. Though, here's something. Ah.

Characters: Diedre, Betha
Rating: Safe for Work;  no warnings!
Warnings: None :D (Betha, herself, is a slight body horror, but it's G-rated.)

I'm a bit tired....maybe I should get that looked into.



"Diedre?" A voice whispered from the door opened slightly ajar. The only thing I could see was the large bright chocolate brown eyes opened wide. Orange hair, smoothed out behind the ear, slowly appeared as the door slowly opened further as far as the chain allowed. The mouth was slightly agape in the quiet shock. The girl standing before me was my best friend: Betha. I hadn't seen her in years! "It really is you." Betha whispered, "I thought you died, and they wouldn't tell me how." She looks down towards her feet uncertainly.  Looking cautiously down as well, I notice that she doesn't have shoes. In fact, her two legs have been replaced by four metal crane-like stalks. Bile quickly rises in my mouth at the sight, but I quickly swallow it; she is still my best friend, so I must ignore this gut wrenching feeling I have.

"They're pretty bad aren't they?" she whispers, sounding almost ashamed, "I've grown used to these monsters, but I can understand if you can't stand to look at them. I don't blame you-"

"No, it's not that." I smile half-heartedly, "It's just surprise, that's all." I fiddle with the hem on my jacket, nervous at the sudden silence that began to grow between us.

"Um, do you want to come inside, maybe?" Betha suggests after a minute, finished soaking in that I was back, "I'm having some tea, but I'll make some more if you want."

Behind me, the metallic trees waved dangerously in the wind. If I wanted to survive the storm that was approaching, I should take her offer. Though it's just a bonus that she is a good friend of mine in the past. I nod wordlessly, and she smiles. "Wait for a sec; I have to unlock the door." She shuts the door, and I hear a quick succession of door locks sliding. A total of nine. The door swings open, and I hurriedly walk in.



----------------------------------------------------------

I have a present for you all. :3

She usually has a bow, but I decided not to draw it.

Exciting? No? Well, it's Betha!
I'm sure it's not what you all wanted after three weeks of waiting, but I'm sorry? I'll never do it again? Is that better?!? :D

Maybe I should take another break and focus on my studies.....I'm actually out of ideas. Or not?
I'm tired, but I'll press on.


Thanks for reading, and check the new FAQ section out! Night!
 
Find me on the web~030
tumblr: 
  • forgottenheartache (official blog) 
    •  for those that can't see it! -  https://www.tumblr.com/blog/forgottenheartache
  •     whatami94 (personal-ish depression blog)
    • for those that can't see it! - https://www.tumblr.com/blog/whatami94
email: what.ami_94@yahoo.com 
twitter: @scaredygiraffe (rant/depression and like blog)
  • for those that can't see it! - https://twitter.com/scaredygiraffe 
Thank you all for the support!
  

3 comments:

  1. This was a good read o: Keep on writing! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Chapter 2 might come out later this month. :)
      Though no promises...haha. ;)

      Delete