Thursday, December 8, 2016

[Forget Already] Quest (Chapter 2) {Main Fiction}

Thanks to all that keep up with the updates! It means a lot to me that there are people who actually come back after reading some of my writings. So thanks for that!! You have no idea! :)

I might add warnings as I go for each chapter. Some chapters might be really long or short, but you might already know that.

Thanks for reading!

-
--
---
----

Her head pounded as she woke. What happened? I heard a strange sound coming from the television and I touched it. What possessed me to do that? She stopped to look around the room. This is not my room. The floor was cold and wet; it was not the carpeted living room she was in before. It was not hard to put two and two together to figure that out. Where am I? A television can't do this. Though, it doesn't matter how I got here. I have to get out of here.

She started to paw around the room, ignoring the queasy feeling rising in her stomach. What was this room? From what she could gather thus far, the room itself was really small; it was much like a bathroom in that sense, being as wet and cold as it was. Though, unlike a bathroom, there were no fixtures or anything, just a long box in the center of the room. It was made out of some hard material and looked strong. From a quick look over, it might be a strong box for something like a large and wide gun. Seeing as there was nothing else to do in this room, Diedre wanted to see what was inside. That urging surprised her; the box felt wrong to her, and everything, besides this new unfamiliar urging, told her to run away from it. It had this cold, unfeeling aura about it; like it was the source of the chill in the room itself, almost. After looking at it, not moving an inch, for what seemed like a long time of wasting time, she crawled towards the box.

It wasn't locked or bolted. It was just waiting there for that one person to open it. She held the lid for a moment, taking a breath before finally opening the strange container. A rush of much colder air hit her face, causing her to fumble back from her kneeling position. I can't believe that happened; it's only a box, she thought. I have to look at it again. I have to see what is inside it. Setting up on her heels, trying again after taking another breath, she looked again.

It was a long metal rod with a curved blade on the end: a scythe. Why would something like this be here? What was so special about this? Dull dread lingered on her, but she felt stupid for freaking out about some dumb farming equipment.  She looked closely at the scythe, trying to figure out what was so darn special about it. Aside from the patterned markings that could be a language, everything looked normal, considering this was the first time she'd ever actually seen one up close. Though the metal rod was something that could be considered unusual. Places that still use these aren't using metals, but woods, for the rods. Then again, that doesn't mean much, since I found it here. There has to be something else, she thought.  So she reached out to touch the scythe.

The lights turned on with a boom. Startled, she fell to her back, ripping her hand away from the scythe. Feedback from some unseen microphone began, and a voice started congratulating her:

"You did it! You claimed your destiny!"

"What? Who are you?" She cried, looking for possible sources for the sound.

"It really doesn't matter at this point, but don't worry: you'll figure it out eventually. I have no need to tell you all of this now."

"Like shit you don't!" I screamed. I was getting angry. I wanted to go home, not claim destiny or whatever.

"You have no choice now," the voice began gloating, mocking me, "Just do what you're told, and you can go back home."

"What if I don't?" I snort.

"You will never return home, simple as that, little girl." the voice warned, "Just do what you are told, complete your destiny, and you can return to your useless little life." I was dumbfounded. I can't return home? I must have been kidnapped or something, by some weirdo. Where does the scythe fit into all of this? Is this some rpg fantasy and I'll have to do "quests"? Or is it something much more sinister? I have to do something. I have no choice, but to agree, considering I'm being held hostage.

"Sure, fine, I'll do it."

"Great!" the voice laughed, "I'll fill you in on what you have to do. There are tainted souls roaming around the land. They cause lots of problems by corrupting the nature of the of all living things, causing them to decay, and eventually turn to essences of Darkness. The beings that create and control these tainted souls, are the ones that have to be purified before we can reach a golden age of prosperity. So basically you need to look for them and purify them wherever you see them. Felicity will be the scythe you will use for this task." I stare dumbfounded at the stupidity of what I am hearing. The voice starts, "Got that, little girl? It's a very simple destiny." I start to smirk, thinking again, it's all just a game, regardless of what I heard earlier. I begin to laugh:

"That's the worst story I have /ever/ heard. Did you get that online or something? It's just too far fetched!" The voice on the speaker started sputtering with rage.

"How-w dare you! This is a important quest by the Lady Death! You should be grateful that she would give you the honor of cleansing the lands!" I was going to respond further, but the voice began to violently cough. It was continuing on for minutes, becoming a terrible hacking sound. The voice started gasping for air. I just stood there, in horror, listening to what sounded like someone dying. After a couple of minutes the intercom crackled to life with another voice:

"Child." the voice dripped venom. I shook involuntarily just from listening to the cold voice. "I am done with your games. You will do what I command of you. If you fail, I will kill you myself. Do I make myself known?"

"Yes."

"Good. I will return control to the other one." A violent retching resounded as soon as the last word was spoken. Gasping from the other end made me think twice about talking again. This is real. Why was I so stupid before, thinking I could just laugh my way out of this?

"Take Felicity and go." The, now diminutive, first voice panted, out of breath. "Go towards the mechanical trees of the Mechan forest. Start there." A wall opened up behind with stormy skies above, threatening to flood the world. Although apprehensive about going out into that storm, I grab the scythe, and ran out into the field with the forest just in sight.

-
--
---
----
-----
--------
----------
----------------
--------------------------
----------------------------------
-----------------------------------------

Hi. I hope that was ok. That seemed like a good place to stop even though it was a bit tedious at times, I hope you enjoyed that.


---Chapter Navigation--

Chapter one (Linky) - Chapter two (you are here) --> Chapter three (Linky)

-----------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment