Saturday, March 27, 2021

[Forget Already] Ochophobia (Chapter 5) {Main Fiction}

 Short chapter is short, but this is an in-between this and the next. This would have been chapter four of "Betha's fear of cars" if I would have wrote it sooner, but that one is in a weird place right now, so it fits better here. If that makes sense...

 Also takes place after "Best friends no matter what" canon-wise. God this is like a spider's web. I promise to update the Original Fiction tab in order to better show this!

-

-

--

--

---

----

--

--

--

-

I’m laughing harder than I ever remember. It hurts, but seeing your smiling face brings me such joy. My mother sits on the front porch, dark eyes watching me like a hawk, but for once I do not see her. All I know is the ball in my hand, being passed back and forth between you and I. I wonder how long we can do this.  

Girtin and Silen have already gone home for the day. They have so far to walk and it’s dangerous to walk alone. You live next door, you always have. As far back as I can remember, we've been friends, with my mother watching all the while. Her stiff, unyielding form, I never understood as a little kid, did to protect me, she said. It doesn’t bother me much now, even if the other kids still tease me about it. She looks down for a moment, then calling my name. I pass to you. I walk to mother. 

I hear a car roaring down the road. It seems so far away, but it’s getting closer. I don’t care much, I have to eat dinner soon, mother said. Mother stands up and grabs my head, she protectively leans over me, her black hair covering me like a blanket. She covers my ears. I hear something loud, even with her hands covering me. I squirm in her arms, but she grips me tighter. Mother rips my head up to look into her eyes, they are wide and serious. She tells me to go inside and stay out of sight. 

As soon as I lock the door, I run up to my room and look out the window. Mother is bent over the road, over something. The car is crashed into the neighbor’s tree. The ball in the street. Betha. Where did Betha go? Betha’s mom runs to Mother, then crumbles to the ground. Mother shields my view, but I can see her point to a neighbor, aggressively pointing. She's yelling. What’s going on? Flashing red lights and the cars they belong to cover what little I could see. Mother is talking to men in uniforms, watching as other men talk to Betha’s mom. I can’t see. They’re all in the way.  Where's Betha?

A familiar hand grabs mine. I look to meet your eyes. Your eyes are full of tears and parts of you don’t look right. I grab your little hand in mine. You tell me you’re sorry and that you’re scared. I tell you it’s ok and that Mother will know what to do. She always knows what to do.

-

-

--

 

--

 

---

Where am I? 

-Do you remember what I told you when I gave you the blade? - 

No. 

-You are going to set things right. - 

How? 

-There are anomalies. Fix them or they are going to suffer. Be a good girl and do it without much complaining. - 

What are you saying? 

-You could kill or sever the cancer before it spreads. As long as you get the job done. Then you can go home. - 

What if I say no? 

-Then you die. You will not wake up and you will join them. - 

-

--

--


---


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's that! I have a little more written but not enough to grant another chapter post. Granted...this one was too small to use really, but it needs to fit somewhere.


---Chapter Navigation--

Chapter 4 (Linky) - Chapter 5 (you are here) --> Chapter 6 (Linky)

-----------------------------

 


Find me on the web~030

tumblr: 
  • forgottenheartache (official blog) 
    •  for those that can't see it! -  https://www.tumblr.com/blog/forgottenheartache
  •     whatami94 (personal-ish depression blog)
    • for those that can't see it! - https://www.tumblr.com/blog/whatami94
email: what.ami_94@yahoo.com 
twitter: @scaredygiraffe (rant/depression and like blog)
  • for those that can't see it! - https://twitter.com/scaredygiraffe 
Thank you all for the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment